Mother Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Danielle Cashen

The first thing I noticed was her voice. How it made me feel
I wanted to scream.
 Scream so loud we'd all be shocked into silence.
 That's all I ever wanted was for her to be silent.
 Most of all I wanted her shadow to fade away
Her cowering hunch, and that damn cigarette smoke following me, collapsing everything I once had.
 Her strong hold on my dad was my everyday nightmare.
 I never thought her out to be evil, to me she wasn't even human.
 She was just an empty shell, feeding off the lives of others. 
For a while I disappeared. 
Not on purpose, but on accident. It was like being in a coma, I couldn't feel them anymore. 
The memories were never lost though, they still had a grip on me. 
Forcing me to wake up. I saw it more clear, and I understood what I needed to do. 
Now because of me she rots in her cell. 
Waiting for time to release her, because time is the only one who will forgive her now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment