Mother Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fast Write

The moon light shown bright, casting gray shadows. Snow was swallowing my black flats during the slippery trudge up the hill. The breeze chilled the soul, taking the last bit of heat away. My mind was set on the scene, above me stood a cross. Recognizable from my young life. My black dressed flowed in the winter night. The weather would not stop me from looking presentable to my grandfather, for this I owed him at least. Cold dense cement stairs lead the way. Emotionally I was unprepared. The warm welcoming of the light guided me to where I belonged. The pews were the exact ancient way I had remembered, although this time I was here by choice. The only thing different was my grandfather. Instead of smiling beside me, he stood still behind glass. Forever paused as a memory. My brother hugged me. I needed that, for everything around me felt so distant.

No comments:

Post a Comment